72 Central Avenue Pinner Middlesex
+44 (0) 20 8866 0961
+44 (0) 7739 329538
Marion has over 25 years’ experience working in the public sector across a variety of organisations and stakeholders using her strong organisational and project management skills across a wide range of disciplines. Often this work requires team working and the nature of the work involved relies upon a high level of integrity, attention to detail and speed. Clients that Marion has worked with require prioritisation skills and handling self-managed roles.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Examples of projects worked on involving Stakeholder Engagement for health related services (service users, service providers, carers, commissioners and clinicians). This involves organising events, workshops, focus groups, interviews (online and telephone/in person), materials provision, marketing and awareness work, feedback reporting for evidence based outcomes:
• Weight Management Programme, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (July – Dec 2013)
• Breastfeeding Review, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (Aug 2013 – Mar 2014)
• Mental Health Needs Assessment, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (Aug – Dec 2014)
• NHS Berkshire – Managing 10 events across the county for the public regarding the rollout of new commissioning services (consultation and awareness workshops) (Nov 2012-Jan 2013)
• Various Mental Health projects for Local Authorities in London, Birmingham and other English cities (2016-2020) working as project manager or in stakeholder management engagement
• Informing Healthier Choices Programme Strategy, Department of Health (from Wanless report recommendations) – Improving capacity and capability of the information and intelligence workforce (staff engagement work) (Aug 2007 – Mar 2010)
• National Public Health Leadership Programme, Department of Health (senior staff training and educational engagement – workshops, administration, strategic reporting) (2002-2010)
Mike is a Board level executive, with extensive commercial experience in financial services, social enterprise and public health sectors. Core value proposition includes: strong business profit and delivery track record, strategic planning and implementation, clear lateral thinker, strong creative and innovator, leadership, advocacy, project management and stakeholder management skills in financial services and in the health and not for profit sectors; ability to manage large scale businesses and projects, effecting successful business turnarounds within large organisations, over 42 years’ experience in lending billions of pounds to UK SME’s and international institutions of all sizes and disciplines; business creation in the social enterprise sector of a public health consultancy; technical advisor to a Government regulator for Community Interest Companies (CIC) positioned within BIS.
Mike is PRINCE 2 qualified and has completed several assignments since 2008, including work for high profile clients such as the Department of Health, Avon and Somerset Probation Trust and 1pm plc.
Mike has over 42 years senior management and board level experience in financial services. Mike oversaw the establishment of Public Health Action Support Team CIC (PHAST) and as Programme Manager for PHAST overseeing the delivery of a £12m programme for the Department of Health – Informing Healthier Choices, for £8m to time – both are notable successes.
Mike is also a technical advisor to the Regulator of Community Interest Companies http://www.bis.gov.uk/cicregulator a part of BIS. This is in addition to his work in the financial services and business consulting arena both to SME’s and Financial Institutions, for sourcing finance, business advisory and project and interim management work.
Over his career, Mike’s achievements include running several leasing companies successfully over many years, delivering substantial returns on capital. This included a purchase of a leasing company for Bibby Financial Services that was in trouble, and post purchase, turned around successfully.